Top Five Reasons to Adopt a Dog
- You’ll save a life Each year millions of animals are euthanized due to over population in animal shelters. By adopting a dog instead of purchasing one from a pet store you would be saving an animal’s life. Visit your local animal shelter, look up breed rescue groups and visit at private humane societies when looking for your perfect pet.
- You’ll get a healthy pet Animal Shelters and rescue groups have plenty of happy, healthy dogs just waiting to be given a home. Most shelters will give the animals vaccinations and examine them when they arrive. In addition they also spay or neuter the dog before being adopted. Another bonus is that the shelters screen dogs for certain behaviors and temperaments to make sure each family finds the perfect dog for their lifestyle.
- You’ll save money Adopting a pet from an animal shelter is much less expensive than buying a pet at a pet store or through other sources. In addition, animals from many shelters are already spayed or neutered and vaccinated, which makes the shelter’s fee a real bargain.
- You’ll feel better After leaving an Animal Shelter with the pet of your dreams you will have nothing but smiles. The new addition to your family will bring you unconditional love. Animals have been shown to be physically, psychologically and emotional beneficial to their owners life. The best thing of all is having a dog can add years to your life!
- You won’t be supporting puppy mills and pet stores Many dogs coming from pet stores and sold in classifieds sadly come from puppy mills. Puppy Mills are factory style dog breeding facility, which keep the dogs in poor conditions, are lacking in medical care and keep the parents in small cages to continue breeding. Once these dogs can breed no longer they are usually killed. These puppies are sold for a hefty profit. Instead of supporting this cruel behavior visit your local animal shelter. Many times you can even get pure breed puppies from shelters, or breed specific rescue groups.
Click here to find local adoption agencies in Florida