Creativity Abounds at Costume Party
Our second annual “Gloom” Room party brought out a wide variety of creative costumes. We were visited by a Yorkie declaring himself a “Chick Magnet,” another Yorkie dressed as a bus, a few cheerleaders, a pirate, and large and small Supermen, to name a few.
Each dog had his picture taken by local professional animal photographer Andy Shen. Andy, owner of Otis & Lucy Photography, donated his time and talent for the day.
The winners of our costume contest were:
- Mandy and Chopper — they ruled the “Silliest” costume category as “Alice in Wonderland’s” Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter.
- Jennifer and Gus – sent shivers down our spines and took top honors in the “Scariest” costume category as matching gargoyles
- Stephanie and Jasmine/Sophie and Cali — both dog/owner duos were so awesome we had a tie in the “Best Dog/Owner” category. Stephanie was a gypsy answering to her master, “Count Barkula,” while Sophie came in her firefighter costume with her faithful fire Dalmation Cali at her side.
- Marti, Jim and Bhajan — the “Best Overall” category went to this threesome, who came as pirate Jack Sparrow, his pirate wench, and trusty dog, the “Bhaj-inator.”
- To see all the pictures from Otis & Lucy Photography and our candid photos, go to our Facebook page.