Spring is Coming…
If you’re like us, you anxiously await March 11th, and the beginning of Daylight Savings Time. An extra hour of light gives us a pep to our step, more enjoyable outdoor time, and delivers the promise of even longer (and warmer) evenings to come.
Just as you plan some spring cleaning around the house, it’s a good time to think about getting your pooch ready for the season too.
- Cleaning Up the Yard – The longer days will start to melt away the frozen tundra in the backyard. If you’re lucky enough to have a north-facing yard (like me), you know there are still some presents from previous snows that remain steadfast well into Spring. Starting the cleanup now will make you much happier when the grass starts growing again.
- Grooming – Whether you take your dog to the groomer, or you do it yourself, it’s probably time for a bath, a good brushing, and nail trim. Set aside some time on one of these warm sunny weekends, and have spa-day for your pooch.
- Pet Beds – Air it out, throw it in the laundry, or just splurge on a new bed. If you’re taking the time to clean the baseboards, might as well attack Fifi’s lounge as well.
- Heartworm, Flea and Tick – As you think about hitting the trails, or even just spending time outdoors at the park, remember to get setup with the preventative medicines as well.
- Dropping the Winter Weight – Let’s face it, we all need to get back outdoors and active again. Commit to more walks, runs or hikes with your dog… you’ll both feel better!
Enjoy the warming sun and longer days!