Zoom Room Rockville is honored to partner with The Perseus Foundation to raise funds for the life-changing work Perseus does every day with a fundraising event on Saturday, May 11 at 5:30 pm to 7:30pm. Zoom Room will contribute $50% of the registration fee to The Perseus Foundation for everyone that RSVPs. Zoom Room will also discount all retail products on May 11 and offer discounted class packages to raise additional funds for this worthy cause.
There will be a silent auction, raffle, refreshments, Zoom Room’s doggy donuts and Zoom Room will throw one of its famous Doggy Discos®! So bring your dog, your dancing shoes and your check book.
Based in Gaithersburg, Maryland, The Perseus Foundation’s missions is to:
- Provide financial assistance to people who have dogs with cancer but cannot afford the high costs of treatment
- Educate the public and scientific community about the biologic similarity of cancer in pets and people
- Communicate the ways in which comparative oncology is accelerating the treatment, and prevention of cancer
- Encourage and promote research focused on the biologic similarity of cancer in pets and people that will expedite therapeutic and preventive benefits for both
- Create a pilot for the first hospitality house for dogs undergoing extended cancer treatment in the Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland areas; and
- Create a fund, The MiliDog Fund, for retired and active dogs in the military to assist with the financial burden of cancer treatment or other life threatening conditions.
Zoom Room encourages everyone to contribute generously to The Perseus Foundation and come out and support the event! Please click here to RSVP!